About the TCA
Taos Community Auditorium RENTAL RATES and INFORMATION
Seating Capacity: 285
PERFORMANCES: Use of the full stage, dressing rooms and available set pieces, and all available technical capabilities and equipment depending on current inventories. Total occupancy will not exceed 12 hours. Additional hours accessed at $60.00 per hour.
Day Rate: $800 Non Profit Rate: $600*
Rates for multiple consecutive weekend performances:
Number of Events Rate for each
First through Third $800 (Non Profit $600)
Forth through Sixth $700 (Non Profit $500)
Seventh through Ninth $550 (Non Profit: $350)
Free public performances receive a 50% discount* off of the above rental rates. (Any additional equipment or labor fees will be billed at the regular rates.)
*Discount applies only to regular performance daily rate.
LECTURE/VIDEO: (Applies to use of the theatre Sunday through Thursday only) use of the stage in front of the main curtain, a maximum of 7 lighting instruments and 4 microphones. Renter must provide a qualified, TCA approved sound board operator and or projectionist. Total occupancy will not exceed 4 hours. Additional use assessed at $60.00 per hour.
Rate: $335 Non Profit Rate: $275* (minimum amount due for a public performance.)
WEEKEND LECTURE/VIDEO: (Available 30 days or less prior to event) use of the stage in front of the main curtain, a maximum of 7 lighting instruments and 4 microphones. Renter is responsible for providing a qualified,TCA approved sound board operator and or projectionist. Total occupancy will not exceed 4 hours. Additional use assessed at $60.00 per hour. Rate: $360 Non Profit Rate: $300 (minimum amount due for a public performance.)
REHEARSALS, SET CONSTRUCTION AND LOAD IN: Use of full stage, includes a maximum of 10 hours with minimal lighting and technical needs. However, a full rehearsal requiring full lighting and sound should be limited to 5 hours. Additional use assessed at $60.00 per hour
Rate: $300 Non Profit Rate: $240*
FILM AND VIDEO FESTIVALS: Use of the stage in front of the main curtain, maximum of 7 lighting instruments, maximum of 4 microphones, 35 mm projector, video projector and screen. Total occupancy will not exceed 12 hours. Additional use assessed at $60.00 per hour. Volunteer house managers, box office and ushers will not be supplied by the TCA. Cleaning of the auditorium between screenings will be the responsibility of the festival. The festival must provide all technicians for the event.
Rate: $700 Non Profit Rate: $500*
HOURLY RATE: It is possible to rent the auditorium during regular business hours Monday through Thursday at a fee of $20.00 per hour. No technical equipment can be used or moved.Space is available only if there are no other renters currently in production.
Rental fees are due prior to the event. (Exceptions may apply if the TCA is providing ticket services.)
* NON PROFIT rates apply to registered 501 © 3, New Mexico Corporations with annual budgets under $500,000.
• Listing on TCA's website calendar. Please submit your copy HERE.
• On-site Technical Director to answer technical/facility questions and supervise the use of TCA equipment
• House Manager to supervise the front of house and usher volunteers for events that request them, this does not including film and video festivals. (Renter provides all labor for setup, performance and strike.)
• Housekeeping and Concessions
• Additional Equipment Fees:
Dance Floor (labor for laying, taping and strike $100.00)
Orchestra Shell (labor for set up and breakdown $30.00)
Piano (the cost of tuning is the responsibility of the renter)
• Promotional material listed on TCA website at www.tcataos.org, program inserts, the weekly TCA list serve of upcoming events. Renters may place handouts and posters in advance in the TCA lobby, space permitting.
The “Full Ticket Service” ($25 plus $0.60 per ticket sold in advance or at the door) includes:
• Ticket Production (designing tickets, printing and numbering tickets)
• Delivering and picking up tickets from “FX-18 Gifts and Jewelry” for cash presales
• Presale of tickets at the TCA with a credit card over the phone
• Box Office attendant(s)
• Ticket Taker(s) to sell tickets 45 minutes prior to curtain
• Box Office Report
• House Manager
The “Credit Card Service” ($50/show) is for telephone credit card sales only at the TCA Office at (505) 758-2052.
• Basic lighting and sound setup for lectures/film at $25/hour for technician
• A 100% deposit, equal to the estimated rental cost, payable at the signing of the License Agreement, will guarantee booking. Should you use our ticket services a partial deposit can be negotiated.
• Balance of rental fee is due the first business day after the closing performance.
• Full Deposit refund with 60 days written notice. Deposit refund of 50% with 30-60 days notice. No refund for cancellations at less than 30 days notice. There will be a late charge of 10% for accounts not paid within thirty days.
• TCA reserves the right to book other events in proximity to each renter’s event. The TCA does not discriminate against any potential renter on the basis of social, artistic or political expression.
• Renter is responsible for all production crew and their employment. TCA must approve of all technicians using TCA equipment.
• Renter must provide a commercial general liability insurance policy with combined limits of liability for bodily injury or property damage. References for insurance companies available on request.
• The TCA allows the renter use of the lobby to promote only the presenting organizations materials. The TCA is allowed 10% of any lobby sales of CD's, DVD"s, T-shirts or any other merchandise sold by the presenter.
If you are interested in booking the Taos Community Auditorium, please email General Manager, Juniper Purinton at to check on calendar availability and contracts.
Day/Night Rental: $25/hour Full Day Rental: $125
Week/7 days: $625 Monthly/4 weeks: $1,850
Cleaning/Security Deposit: $75 - refundable
Facilities: There are two main rooms in the Stables Building. The Stables Gallery is 1205sf and the Carriage House 576sf. There is a small kitchen and bathroom. The Taos Center for the Arts Office uses the bathroom Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Rental of the Stables Building includes only ONE - TWO parking spaces in the TCA gravel lot. Public parking is available in the paved parking lots and streets.
Use: An individual or group may rent the Stables Building on an hourly, weekly or monthly basis for uses such as art exhibitions, performance space, receptions, workshops, classes, meetings, weddings, parties, etc. Renter provides staff, security, clean-up, etc.
MARQUEE: Marquee is subject to availability. The marquee has two lines with 19 spaces on each line.
TCA WEB SITE and WEEKLY TCA AD: TCA will post promotional material (press releases, photos, etc.) for the event on the TCA Web Site at http://www.tcataos.org at no additional charge.
Please submit copy for the website calendar HERE.
Engagement will also be posted in the weekly TCA ad of The Taos News, space permitting.
Alcohol: Alcohol is not permitted in the Stables Gallery unless a Special Dispenser Permit is acquired through the State of NM. This process can take up to 3 months.
Contact: Holly White at 575-758-2052
Holly White at 575-758-2052
TCA Exhibits at the Encore Gallery in the Taos Community Auditrium
We are not accepting proposals for Encore Gallery shows at this time. The Gallery is booked through January 2015.
We will receive new proposals after January 2014.
To submit a proposal for consideration please send a letter of inquiry to Deborah McLean, TCA Executive Director, at Deborah@tcataos.org to include:
Photo samples of work to be exhibited via email, website or hand delivered
• general price points for available work
• number of pieces available for the exhibition